Tuesday 16 August 2011

Why I Love Films

I know some people don't like Hollywood in general. I know some think that it's all about money. But for me films Hollywood films have always been a BIG part of my life. I don't know why, but there is definitely something special that makes cinematography my favorite form of art...

I guess I adore films because they combine EVERYTHING - a certain picture, beautiful music, meaningful words. No other form of art does that. I'm not saying music, literature or visual art are less important, but I've always found that movies had all of that. It's incredible how in a matter of a couple of hours a film manages to show a life of a certain person, or it manages to capture an important event.

It's absolutely amazing how cinema has evolved through time. At first it was the introduction of sound. Then it was a color image. Now we have special visual effects and etc. Not that I'm a fan of blockbusters, but we all know that cinema never stands still.


The Jazz Singer

The first feature-length motion picture with synchronized dialogue sequences














On With The Show

The first ever all-talking all-color feature length movie 



No comments:

Post a Comment